Here are the patch notes for No Man’s Sky Update 3.10, the Next Generation update.
NEXT GENERATION CONSOLE SUPPORT
- No Man’s Sky is now compatible with PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
- Save games can be transferred from previous console generations to their next generation equivalent.
- PSVR owners can continue to experience No Man’s Sky in Virtual Reality on PlayStation 5 via the backwards compatibility functionality.
- PlayStation 5 users can use the Activities feature to track and manage their Journey Milestones.
- PlayStation 5 users now experience feedback directly through the triggers of their pad.
- Added support for Tempest 3D AudioTech on PlayStation 5.
- Rendering quality has been significantly increased for next generation consoles.
- Base complexity rendering limits have been removed for next generation consoles.
- For next generation consoles and PCs running on “Ultra” settings, the distance at which detailed grass, plants, rocks and other objects are shown has increased.
- For next generation consoles and PCs running on “Ultra” settings, the density of terrain details such as foliage, fungi and rocks has been increased.
- Texture and geometric detail on a large number of objects such as foliage, fungi and rocks has been significantly increased.
- Improved the visual effect of grass being pushed aside when walking through it.
- Fixed an issue that caused the water horizon to appear bumpy.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause grass to fail to render.
- Fixed an issue that caused butterfly bellies to be unintentionally always white.
- Fixed an issue that caused planetary lighting to change after opening and closing Photo Mode.
- Fixed an issue that could cause foliage to disappear when moving the camera in Photo Mode.
- Refreshed the set of community images on the Mode Select screen.
- Updated the style of the hazard protection icons on the HUD.
- Updated the style of the icons displayed by mission notifications and markers.
PERFORMANCE & STABILITY
- Fixed a number of rendering-related crashes on PS4.
- Fixed an issue that could cause very large saves to fail to load on PC.
- Optimised terrain generation on Xbox One.
- Introduced a significant number of performance optimisations for all platforms.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Improved the feel of space combat. Target locking has been improved, and enemy ships are now more visible with cleaner UI.
- The camera shake caused by gassy hazardous flora has been reduced.
- The camera shake when shooting nearby objects has been reduced.
- Hover text has been added to banner emblems in the Appearance Customiser.
- On PS4 and Xbox One, when adding a No Man’s Sky friend who is playing on on the same platform, players are now also presented with the option to add them as a PSN or Xbox friend.
- Fixed a rare blocker where some players on older saves would be unable to progress in the Atlas Path.
- Fixed some rare cases where multiplayer sessions could fail to resume correctly after suspending the game on Xbox One.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a blank Galactic Map when joining a multiplayer game while the host was mid-warp.
- Fixed an issue where NPC pilots landing on planets could disappear for some players in a multiplayer game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to load into the wrong system when joining a multiplayer game while the host was on the other side of a portal.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from redeeming the pre-order bonus if it was installed while the game was running in the background.
- Improved the alignment of the camera when interacting with damaged containers.
- Fixed an issue that could cause ships docking in a Space Station to have incorrect collision.
- Improved the collision of doors on bases, making them easier to walk through.
- Fixed an issue that prevented base decals from being deletable after placement.
- Fixed an issue that could cause multiple mission notifications to display simultaneously and overlap.
- Fixed a rare case where the tutorial notifications would constantly flicker when starting a new game.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause inactive missions to progress when using the Multi-Tool Scanner.
- Fixed a number of incorrect text responses in NPC interactions.